Sunday 27 October 2013

Follow your heart...

Last weekend I went to see a local musical society's production of 42nd Street, one of my favourite old time musical movies. The show was great fun and the tap dancing numbers were amazing. Last night when I sat down to do some crafting, I pulled out Moulin Rouge Tilda, from Magnolia's Once Upon A Time collection. She reminded me of the chorus girls in 42nd Street, dancing and following their dreams to stardom.



To add some interest I made this a double card, the  frame tucks under the Oval greeting that is raised up using dimensionals - here is how it opens:


I saw this idea in a YouTube video: Stampin' Up! Flower Shop Double Card and thought it would be fun to try this technique. 
Here is the inside: 


Here is another closer look at Tilda: 


The images are stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black onto Copic Express Card and coloured with Copic Sketch (and Ciao) Markers. The Copics used are as follows: skin: E11, E00, E000, R20 hair: E37, E33, E50,Y26 clothes: B0000, FBG2,  BG10, C9, C7, C5, C3.

Supplies: 

Stamps: Magnolia Moulin Rouge Tilda, SU Flowering Flourishes, SU Whimsical Words (retired)
Paper: SU Tempting Turquoise, SU Designer Series Paper Patterns Stacks
InkAccessories:coloured bling, Spellbinders Nestabilities Floral Ovals, dimensionals, SU circle punches, SU Big Shot Die Framelits Floral Frames, lace flowers

Challenges: 

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

3 comments:

  1. Cute! Thanks for playing at Sister Act Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply stunning card - love those flowers on the side. Thanks for joining us at Creative Fingers for this weeks challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the card shape and the pretty blue colouring, nice work
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete