Sunday 1 June 2014

ABC Challenge: M is for Monochrome

Time for another fun challenge at ABC Challenges today. This time we are up to M and the challenge is to use a monochromatic colour scheme for your creation. Our sponsor for today's challenge are Kenny K and Marker Pop and I decided to use Kenny K's Mermaid digital stamp: 



For my card  I printed my Mermaid on Copic Xpress card stock and then coloured her with my copics. Originally I was going to use teals or blues, but I found this fabulous black paper at my local craft shop and thought of my shell shaped card idea, so my Mermaid became shades of grey. For my shell shape, I used my Craft Robo cutter and Silhouette Designer Software to create the shape and cut out the layers using the textured paper and dark grey card.

The Copic colours I used are:  skin and shells in her hair: W9, W7, W5, W3, W1, W00 hair, tail and shell bra: C9, C7, C5, C3, C2, C1, C00 I then used SU Circle framelits to cut her out, making sure I fussy cut part of her tail. I then layered her onto a fancier circular frame cut using a Marianne Designs Die. I also added some black pearls.

Here is a closer look at my Mermaid:



I added some texture effect using colourless blending fluid on her tail, to give the appearance of scales.



Why don't you pop on over to http://abc-challenge.blogspot.com.au/ and check out the other fabulous DT creations.

Supplies


Stamps: Kenny K Mermaid stamp
Paper: textured paper, SU Basic Grey cardstock,
Accessories: SU dimensionals, Marianne Design Creatables Flower Doily - LR0129, SU Circle Framelits

1 comment:

  1. Hi Carol, oh wow love your card design and I love the the colour choice its just stunning. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete